Men’s Wimbledon? Women’s tennis is just as important
Dear Ed... I am writing about the interesting article about the tennis at Wimbledon with the list of top 25 male players (Advertiser, June 16).
So far, so good. But there was no corresponding female list!
I can only assume that only the men’s tennis was worth commenting on.
Why was this? After all, in the 21st century, both men’s and women’s tennis is of equal value and importance.
A Costas (Ms)
You may also want to watch:
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 9 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August