Men’s Wimbledon? Women’s tennis is just as important
Dear Ed... I am writing about the interesting article about the tennis at Wimbledon with the list of top 25 male players (Advertiser, June 16).
So far, so good. But there was no corresponding female list!
I can only assume that only the men’s tennis was worth commenting on.
Why was this? After all, in the 21st century, both men’s and women’s tennis is of equal value and importance.
A Costas (Ms)
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72