Men’s Wimbledon? Women’s tennis is just as important
Dear Ed... I am writing about the interesting article about the tennis at Wimbledon with the list of top 25 male players (Advertiser, June 16).
So far, so good. But there was no corresponding female list!
I can only assume that only the men’s tennis was worth commenting on.
Why was this? After all, in the 21st century, both men’s and women’s tennis is of equal value and importance.
A Costas (Ms)
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel