Mile End mental health unit investigates patient's suspicious death
BOSSES at an East End mental health unit have launched an investigation following the death of a patient. The East London Foundation Trust which runs the Tower Hamlets Centre for Mental Health on the Mile End Hospital site is investigating after an in
BOSSES at an East End mental health unit have launched an investigation following the death of a patient.
The East London Foundation Trust which runs the Tower Hamlets Centre for Mental Health on the Mile End Hospital site is investigating after an inpatient was reported injured on Friday evening.
Prodip Debnath, 31, was taken from the centre in Bancroft Road to the nearby Royal London in Whitechapel where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Officers from the Met Police's Homicide & Serious Crime Command are investigating the suspicious death and officers are still awaiting post-mortem results.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the mental health trust said there was an internal investigation being carried out in line with the trust's Serious Incident policy.
She added: "We offer our sincere condolences to the family of the deceased patient and others affected by this incident."
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with Mr Debnath's death, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
He has been bailed into secure hospital accommodation pending further police inquiries.