Mile End Post Office re-opened by Jim Fitzpatrick MP
- Credit: Archant
Jim Fitzpatrick MP has officially re-opened Mile End’s Post Office, following its short move down the street.
Mr Fitzpatrick, MP for Poplar and Limehouse cut the ribbon at 13 Burdett Road, four times the size of its former home at 1b.
Subpostmaster Ramesh Shah, who has held the position for 14 years, proudly showed off his new Post Office, which will open for an additional 19 hours a week.
While the previous building sold only cards and stationery, the new-look premises offers confectionery, tobacco and news plus a Car Tax renewal service
Mr Fitzpatrick said: “The Post Office and Mr Shah should be congratulated for the investment.
You may also want to watch:
“The relocation will really benefit the community with the extended opening hours as Post Office customers will be able to visit before work and across the weekend.”
The new opening hours are Monday to Friday 7am–6pm, and 7am-5.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?