Mile End Post Office re-opened by Jim Fitzpatrick MP
- Credit: Archant
Jim Fitzpatrick MP has officially re-opened Mile End’s Post Office, following its short move down the street.
Mr Fitzpatrick, MP for Poplar and Limehouse cut the ribbon at 13 Burdett Road, four times the size of its former home at 1b.
Subpostmaster Ramesh Shah, who has held the position for 14 years, proudly showed off his new Post Office, which will open for an additional 19 hours a week.
While the previous building sold only cards and stationery, the new-look premises offers confectionery, tobacco and news plus a Car Tax renewal service
Mr Fitzpatrick said: “The Post Office and Mr Shah should be congratulated for the investment.
You may also want to watch:
“The relocation will really benefit the community with the extended opening hours as Post Office customers will be able to visit before work and across the weekend.”
The new opening hours are Monday to Friday 7am–6pm, and 7am-5.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow