Mile End Post Office to close, and relocate after refurbishment
Mile End Post Office will soon be closing to re-open as a modern branch in a new location offering longer hours.
The current branch in Burdett Road, will close on October 16 and will re-open at Unit 2, Bleadon House, Burdett Road on October 22.
While it is closed customers can use alternative offices in Ben Jonson Road, Globe Road and Roman Road.
The move is part of major modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.
Will Russell, Post Office Regional Network Manager - South, said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in Mile End and we are confident that this new modern Post Office will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
“The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches. This investment, the largest in the history of the Post Office, makes a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
Customers will benefit from an extra 20 hours a week as selected Post Office products and services will available during shop opening hours, which will be Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm and Saturdays from 7am to 5.30.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?