Millions in Lottery funding confirmed for East End's Victoria Park
VICTORIA is in line for a whopping �12 million make-over after it won lottery funding, it was announced today (Wednesday). The East End park will receive �4.5 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Big Lottery Fund s Big Parks for People programme
VICTORIA Park is in line for a whopping �12 million make-over after it won lottery funding, it was announced today (Wednesday).
The East End park will receive �4.5 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Big Lottery Fund's Big Parks for People programme.
Coupled with funding from Tower Hamlets council, it means a �12 million spending spree to bring improvement plans to life.
Almost three years in the making, the multi-million pound improvement plans saw more than 5,000 residents and visitors have their say on what they would like the park to look like.
You may also want to watch:
From an urban beach and skate park to restored model boating lake and historical monuments, the council says the plans will become a reality in time for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe