Millions in Lottery funding confirmed for East End's Victoria Park
VICTORIA is in line for a whopping �12 million make-over after it won lottery funding, it was announced today (Wednesday). The East End park will receive �4.5 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Big Lottery Fund s Big Parks for People programme
VICTORIA Park is in line for a whopping �12 million make-over after it won lottery funding, it was announced today (Wednesday).
The East End park will receive �4.5 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Big Lottery Fund's Big Parks for People programme.
Coupled with funding from Tower Hamlets council, it means a �12 million spending spree to bring improvement plans to life.
Almost three years in the making, the multi-million pound improvement plans saw more than 5,000 residents and visitors have their say on what they would like the park to look like.
You may also want to watch:
From an urban beach and skate park to restored model boating lake and historical monuments, the council says the plans will become a reality in time for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy