Millwall go ’tach crazy to boost cancer campaign
MILLWALL team mates showed their softer side this week posing in furry fake moustaches to help raise �1.5 million for cancer research. The players posed with their moustaches (above) to encourage men to take part in the Everyman TacheBack male cancer campaign
MILLWALL team mates showed their softer side this week posing in furry fake moustaches to help raise �1.5 million for cancer research.
The players posed with their moustaches (above) to encourage men to take part in the Everyman TacheBack male cancer campaign.
"We anticipate loads of 'tached men in the stands this season," said campaign publicist Sarah Healy.
"Millwall's backing should help raise awareness of prostate and testicular cancer among men, especially football supporters who often neglect their health."
You may also want to watch:
Footballer John Hartson recently hit the headlines after ignoring symptoms of testicular cancer for two years, reinforcing the need for more awareness.
Money raised by TacheBack goes to research into testicular and prostate cancer which affects around 37,000 men every year in Britain.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 8 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
This year's campaign has a celebrity ambassador, self-proclaimed chick-magnet Keith Lemon who is in several videos online on until the end of September.
All men need to do to join the campaign is register online through the Tacheback Website or call 0800-731 9468 and let their upper-lip hair sprout throughout September!