Millwall man jailed for killing girlfriend’s cat
- Credit: Archant
A man who killed his girlfriend’s cat with a mop has been jailed for eight weeks.
Robert Lindsall, 26, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to the female grey cat, named Narla, at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court.
Lindsall, of Macquarie Way, Millwall, called the RSPCA to confess to the death last September.
He said he had reacted to the cat going to the toilet on his clothes.
A veterinary report found that Narla had died from a sustained attack with the plastic mop which lasted 15 minutes.
In addition to his jail term, Lindsall has also been banned from keeping all animals for life.
RSPCA inspector Clare Dew said: “It would appear that he just completely lost his temper.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 7 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 8 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
“He has since been very remorseful, but it is simply not acceptable to lose your temper to that extent.
“He hit the poor cat for 15 minutes and would have caused a great deal of suffering.”