Millwall man jailed for killing girlfriend’s cat
- Credit: Archant
A man who killed his girlfriend’s cat with a mop has been jailed for eight weeks.
Robert Lindsall, 26, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to the female grey cat, named Narla, at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court.
Lindsall, of Macquarie Way, Millwall, called the RSPCA to confess to the death last September.
He said he had reacted to the cat going to the toilet on his clothes.
A veterinary report found that Narla had died from a sustained attack with the plastic mop which lasted 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to his jail term, Lindsall has also been banned from keeping all animals for life.
RSPCA inspector Clare Dew said: “It would appear that he just completely lost his temper.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
“He has since been very remorseful, but it is simply not acceptable to lose your temper to that extent.
“He hit the poor cat for 15 minutes and would have caused a great deal of suffering.”