Minty from EastEnders supports fire safety campaign
MINTY from TV soap EastEnders helped get the fire safety message across at a busy open day at Poplar fire station. More than 700 people visited the fire station on East India Dock Road to meet actor Cliff Parisi and pick up some tips to help avoid fires
MINTY from TV soap EastEnders helped get the fire safety message across at a busy open day at Poplar fire station.
More than 700 people visited the fire station on East India Dock Road to meet actor Cliff Parisi and pick up some tips to help avoid fires at home and work.
The Poplar fire station is the busiest in Tower Hamlets and hosted the event as part of the London Fire Brigade's fire safety campaign and to encourage schoolchildren to become fire safety champions to help keep their families and neighbours safe from fire.
Children had a chance to look round the station and find out what firefighters do.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parisi is backing the campaign and fire safety tips including fitting smoke alarms and planning an escape route can be found on www.london-fire.gov.uk.
Home safety checks can also be booked on 020 8 555 1200.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job