Minty from EastEnders supports fire safety campaign
MINTY from TV soap EastEnders helped get the fire safety message across at a busy open day at Poplar fire station. More than 700 people visited the fire station on East India Dock Road to meet actor Cliff Parisi and pick up some tips to help avoid fires
MINTY from TV soap EastEnders helped get the fire safety message across at a busy open day at Poplar fire station.
More than 700 people visited the fire station on East India Dock Road to meet actor Cliff Parisi and pick up some tips to help avoid fires at home and work.
The Poplar fire station is the busiest in Tower Hamlets and hosted the event as part of the London Fire Brigade's fire safety campaign and to encourage schoolchildren to become fire safety champions to help keep their families and neighbours safe from fire.
Children had a chance to look round the station and find out what firefighters do.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parisi is backing the campaign and fire safety tips including fitting smoke alarms and planning an escape route can be found on www.london-fire.gov.uk.
Home safety checks can also be booked on 020 8 555 1200.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week