Minty from EastEnders supports fire safety campaign
MINTY from TV soap EastEnders helped get the fire safety message across at a busy open day at Poplar fire station. More than 700 people visited the fire station on East India Dock Road to meet actor Cliff Parisi and pick up some tips to help avoid fires
MINTY from TV soap EastEnders helped get the fire safety message across at a busy open day at Poplar fire station.
More than 700 people visited the fire station on East India Dock Road to meet actor Cliff Parisi and pick up some tips to help avoid fires at home and work.
The Poplar fire station is the busiest in Tower Hamlets and hosted the event as part of the London Fire Brigade's fire safety campaign and to encourage schoolchildren to become fire safety champions to help keep their families and neighbours safe from fire.
Children had a chance to look round the station and find out what firefighters do.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parisi is backing the campaign and fire safety tips including fitting smoke alarms and planning an escape route can be found on www.london-fire.gov.uk.
Home safety checks can also be booked on 020 8 555 1200.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 5 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears