Missing from East London—have you seen these girls?
POLICE are looking for two girls missing from East London, a 12-year-old from Limehouse and a 14-year-old from Clapton eight miles away
POLICE are looking for two girls missing from East London, a 12-year-old from Limehouse and a 14-year-old from Clapton eight miles away.
Fahima Begum who will be 13 next month, had been staying with friends near her home in Limehouse on Friday and Saturday, but failed to return. She is confident for her age and can sometimes appear to be older.
“We are concerned for her safety,” said Det Ins Stewart Garrick. “She’s extremely vulnerable and we need to find her quickly and make sure she’s safe.”
Fahima is Asian, 5ft 4ins tall, slight build, last seen wearing a grey top, blue jeans, dark boots and a long grey scarf.
You may also want to watch:
There has been a possible sighting of her near the Boleyn Cinema in Upton Park early Sunday evening.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who has seen her or knows where she is to contact Limehouse police station on 020-7275 4549.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
Meanwhile, police in Hackney are searching for 14-year-old Mia Elizabeth McCormick who was last seen near her home in Cricketfield Road, Lower Clapton, around 3pm on Saturday. Mia is mixed race, slim build and about 5ft 3ins tall, but it is not known what she was wearing.
Anyone with information is being urged to contact Shoreditch police station on 020-7275 3404.