Missing man with dementia may be in Poplar
- Credit: Met Police
Police are “very concerned” for the whereabouts of a missing 86-year-old man who has dementia.
Samuel Akrong was last seen at around 6pm on Sunday at his home in Maxey Gardens, Dagenham.
He is described as a black man of slim build and around 5ft 5in tall.
He has grey hair and glasses, and it is not known what he was wearing.
Officers are becoming increasingly concerned due to him suffering from a number of medical issues, including dementia.
You may also want to watch:
Samuel has links to Poplar and has been known to travel to Forest Gate and Elephant and Castle.
Det Sgt John Jung said: “We would ask that members of the public be vigilant, and if they see Mr Akrong, or indeed if they have seen him over the last four days, to contact police urgently.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
“We are very concerned for this vulnerable elderly gentleman, and hope that he is located safe and well.”
Anyone who has seen Samuel or knows of his whereabouts is asked to contact police via 101 or call the charity Missing People on 116000.