Missing Royal London Hospital patient found on bus
Police have confirmed that an 82-year-old patient who went missing from Whitechapel’s Royal London Hospital was found on a bus in Barking.
Concerns grew for Christopher Hogsdon, of Ramsey Street, Bethnal Green, after he went missing on October 3 for more than 24 hours.
A Safer Transport Police Community Officer recognised Mr Hogsdon, who suffers from dementia and a critical heart condition, on a bus in Barking the next day.
Despite having no medication with him he was found safe and well and returned to Royal London Hospital.
He had originally been admitted earlier the day he went missing, after a friend discovered him slumped unconscious in a chair at home.
You may also want to watch:
Police say his whereabouts during the time of his disappearance are unknown.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries