Missing Royal London Hospital patient found on bus
Police have confirmed that an 82-year-old patient who went missing from Whitechapel’s Royal London Hospital was found on a bus in Barking.
Concerns grew for Christopher Hogsdon, of Ramsey Street, Bethnal Green, after he went missing on October 3 for more than 24 hours.
A Safer Transport Police Community Officer recognised Mr Hogsdon, who suffers from dementia and a critical heart condition, on a bus in Barking the next day.
Despite having no medication with him he was found safe and well and returned to Royal London Hospital.
He had originally been admitted earlier the day he went missing, after a friend discovered him slumped unconscious in a chair at home.
You may also want to watch:
Police say his whereabouts during the time of his disappearance are unknown.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning