Missing teens could be in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Police believe two missing Sussex teenagers could be in Tower Hamlets
Sussex police have extended their search for Chloe James, 15, and Starlene Dempsey, 12, to the capital amid mounting worries for their welfare.
Chloe was dropped off at Seaford railway station on Sunday at around midday and had a return ticket to Lewes where she was expected to meet a friend.
A police officer spoke to her on Sunday and she said she would be returning home, but has failed to do so.
She is thought to be with Starlene, who went missing after leaving an address in Portslade on Sunday and has not returned to her home in Crawley.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Lee Horner said: “Both girls have gone missing before and from previous experience, we believe that they may be putting themselves at serious risk due to the people they are likely to associate with.
“We have information that they are thought to be in the Newham or Tower Hamlets area of London and two Sussex officers have travelled to the capital to link with colleagues in the Metropolitan Police who are assisting with the search.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
“I would urge the girls or anyone who knows where they are to contact police now on 101 quoting serial 1385 of 27/04 (Sussex). If they are in danger or need medical assistance, please dial 999 immediately.”