More counters at Tower Hamlets one-stop shop cuts queues
A COUNCIL one-stop shop for all its services under one roof’ is being expanded to try and cut long waiting queues. More public counters and a bigger waiting area are part of a makeover’ at Cheviot House services centre in Commercial Road
A COUNCIL one-stop shop for all its services 'under one roof' is being expanded to try and cut long waiting queues.
More public counters and a bigger waiting area are part of the 'makeover' by Tower Hamlets council in East London at its Cheviot House services centre in Whitechapel's Commercial Road.
The centre is keeping open while the work is being carried out. The work which began this week is expected to be finished before Christmas.
The centre which covers Whitechapel, Stepney, Shadwell and Wapping deals with issues from housing council tax and parking permits as well as giving benefits advice.
You may also want to watch:
The expansion is part of a programme of improving public services which also included expansion of the one-stop shop at Bethnal Green, completed in the summer.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'