More counters at Tower Hamlets one-stop shop cuts queues
A COUNCIL one-stop shop for all its services under one roof’ is being expanded to try and cut long waiting queues. More public counters and a bigger waiting area are part of a makeover’ at Cheviot House services centre in Commercial Road
A COUNCIL one-stop shop for all its services 'under one roof' is being expanded to try and cut long waiting queues.
More public counters and a bigger waiting area are part of the 'makeover' by Tower Hamlets council in East London at its Cheviot House services centre in Whitechapel's Commercial Road.
The centre is keeping open while the work is being carried out. The work which began this week is expected to be finished before Christmas.
The centre which covers Whitechapel, Stepney, Shadwell and Wapping deals with issues from housing council tax and parking permits as well as giving benefits advice.
You may also want to watch:
The expansion is part of a programme of improving public services which also included expansion of the one-stop shop at Bethnal Green, completed in the summer.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Man dies on Isle of Dogs
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking