More counters at Tower Hamlets one-stop shop cuts queues
A COUNCIL one-stop shop for all its services under one roof’ is being expanded to try and cut long waiting queues. More public counters and a bigger waiting area are part of a makeover’ at Cheviot House services centre in Commercial Road
A COUNCIL one-stop shop for all its services 'under one roof' is being expanded to try and cut long waiting queues.
More public counters and a bigger waiting area are part of the 'makeover' by Tower Hamlets council in East London at its Cheviot House services centre in Whitechapel's Commercial Road.
The centre is keeping open while the work is being carried out. The work which began this week is expected to be finished before Christmas.
The centre which covers Whitechapel, Stepney, Shadwell and Wapping deals with issues from housing council tax and parking permits as well as giving benefits advice.
You may also want to watch:
The expansion is part of a programme of improving public services which also included expansion of the one-stop shop at Bethnal Green, completed in the summer.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims