More Tube Line makeovers finished—but disruptions rumble on
THE consortium responsible for upgrading the much-troubled Jubilee Line as well as the Northern and Piccadilly lines has this week completed the makeover’ to 83 London Underground stations. They include two upgrades’ finished last month on the Jubilee’s Stratford extension which was opened only 11 years ago
THE consortium responsible for upgrading the much-troubled Jubilee Line as well as the Northern and Piccadilly lines has this week completed the makeover’ to 83 London Underground stations.
They include two upgrades’ finished last month, at North Greenwich and Bermondsey on the Jubilee’s Stratford extension which was opened only 11 years ago.
Average construction durations carried out by Tube Lines have been cut by a quarter, from 12 months to nine months.
But the consortium has been slammed by the London Assembly over the Jubilee Line weekly closures passengers have been suffering every Saturday and Sunday over the past 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
The Assembly publicly cross-examined Tube Line bosses at City Hall in the summer after a flood of complaints about the closures. It even took evidence from the Madrid Metro to find out why the Spanish don’t seem to need to shut down their underground rail network while it’s being modernised.
Tube Lines complained just last week that it hadn’t been given full access at weekends to get on with the work on the Jubilee. Disruptions continue over the next few months.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green