More Tube Line makeovers finished—but disruptions rumble on
THE consortium responsible for upgrading the much-troubled Jubilee Line as well as the Northern and Piccadilly lines has this week completed the makeover’ to 83 London Underground stations. They include two upgrades’ finished last month on the Jubilee’s Stratford extension which was opened only 11 years ago
THE consortium responsible for upgrading the much-troubled Jubilee Line as well as the Northern and Piccadilly lines has this week completed the makeover’ to 83 London Underground stations.
They include two upgrades’ finished last month, at North Greenwich and Bermondsey on the Jubilee’s Stratford extension which was opened only 11 years ago.
Average construction durations carried out by Tube Lines have been cut by a quarter, from 12 months to nine months.
But the consortium has been slammed by the London Assembly over the Jubilee Line weekly closures passengers have been suffering every Saturday and Sunday over the past 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
The Assembly publicly cross-examined Tube Line bosses at City Hall in the summer after a flood of complaints about the closures. It even took evidence from the Madrid Metro to find out why the Spanish don’t seem to need to shut down their underground rail network while it’s being modernised.
Tube Lines complained just last week that it hadn’t been given full access at weekends to get on with the work on the Jubilee. Disruptions continue over the next few months.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green