Morgan Stanley Canary Wharf HQ launches UK strategy to help charities
- Credit: Morgan Stanley
The first four charities have been announced today to take part in Morgan Stanley’s new UK Strategy Challenge volunteer programme.
The non-profit organizations selected for its ‘UKare’ programme are east London’s Community Links charity helping 16,000 people a year in deprived areas, the East London Business Alliance for social regeneration, Magic Breakfast which delivers healthy breakfasts to primary schools and the Prince’s Trust helping disadvantaged youngsters get their lives back on track.
“We’re determined to make sure our philanthropic efforts go beyond just fundraising,” said Morgan Stanley’s International chairman Colm Kelleher.
“We’re providing these charities with the business skills and knowledge to help them achieve meaningful results.”
The strategy pairs teams of employee volunteers with each charity for eight weeks at a time who use their professional skills to develop business plans to help the host organisations reach their objectives more effectively.
You may also want to watch:
The global financial services firm’s UK headquarters in Canary Wharf, which provides non-profit organisations with pro bono strategic consulting, has teamed up with the non-profit Pilotlight organisation which helps small charities function more effectively.
Pilotlight’s chief Gillian Murray said: “Charities have the determination, but often can’t afford the time to focus on their goals. This strategy helps them become more sustainable and ultimately reach more people in need.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Morgan Stanley’s original Strategy Challenge in the US launched in 2009 has given 32,000 hours of service to 61 non-profit organisations over the last five years, providing help while giving training to 280 of its employees.