Most schools reopen following heavy snowfalls
ALL but two of the 98 state schools in Tower Hamlets were open today. The majority — from nursery to secondary schools – were closed on both Monday and Tuesday due to the heavy snowfalls. But Bishop Challoner and Langdon Park schools remained closed toda
ALL but two of the 98 state schools in Tower Hamlets were open today. The majority - from nursery to secondary schools - were closed on both Monday and Tuesday due to the heavy snowfalls.
But Bishop Challoner and Langdon Park schools remained closed today (Wednesday). A council spokesman said there were concerns over health and safety at both school grounds following the snow and icy weather conditions.
At Langdon it was decided to put forward a teachers training event to today to avoid pupils losing a day of teaching later in the year.
Bishop Challoner was closed for a third day but is expected to reopen tomorrow (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the snow and ice had made the site "potentially unsafe" for students and staff because of the building work taking place at the school, as part a �40m redevelopment scheme.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 9 Covid-19 cases monthly fall at Barts Trust hospitals
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid