Most schools reopen following heavy snowfalls
ALL but two of the 98 state schools in Tower Hamlets were open today. The majority — from nursery to secondary schools – were closed on both Monday and Tuesday due to the heavy snowfalls. But Bishop Challoner and Langdon Park schools remained closed toda
ALL but two of the 98 state schools in Tower Hamlets were open today. The majority - from nursery to secondary schools - were closed on both Monday and Tuesday due to the heavy snowfalls.
But Bishop Challoner and Langdon Park schools remained closed today (Wednesday). A council spokesman said there were concerns over health and safety at both school grounds following the snow and icy weather conditions.
At Langdon it was decided to put forward a teachers training event to today to avoid pupils losing a day of teaching later in the year.
Bishop Challoner was closed for a third day but is expected to reopen tomorrow (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the snow and ice had made the site "potentially unsafe" for students and staff because of the building work taking place at the school, as part a �40m redevelopment scheme.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient