Most schools reopen following heavy snowfalls
ALL but two of the 98 state schools in Tower Hamlets were open today. The majority — from nursery to secondary schools – were closed on both Monday and Tuesday due to the heavy snowfalls. But Bishop Challoner and Langdon Park schools remained closed toda
ALL but two of the 98 state schools in Tower Hamlets were open today. The majority - from nursery to secondary schools - were closed on both Monday and Tuesday due to the heavy snowfalls.
But Bishop Challoner and Langdon Park schools remained closed today (Wednesday). A council spokesman said there were concerns over health and safety at both school grounds following the snow and icy weather conditions.
At Langdon it was decided to put forward a teachers training event to today to avoid pupils losing a day of teaching later in the year.
Bishop Challoner was closed for a third day but is expected to reopen tomorrow (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the snow and ice had made the site "potentially unsafe" for students and staff because of the building work taking place at the school, as part a �40m redevelopment scheme.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single