Movie stars found East End cafe a refreshing location
Film fans might be able to catch a glimpse of a legendary East End caff in a star-studded movie which has just hit the big screen.
Oscar-winning screen-writer William Monahan is making his directorial debut with the movie London Boulevard and shot some scenes at the popular family-run E Pellicci in Bethnal Green.
In the scene filmed in August last year Hollywood heart throb Colin Farrell met Anna Friel for lunch at the cafe in Bethnal Green Road.
The movie is about a London criminal newly released from prison, played by Farrell, who becomes involved with an enigmatic actress played by Keira Knightley.
The celebrated cafe which has Grade II listed building status is no stranger to filming and stood in as a Liverpool diner in the hit movie Nowhere Boy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Monahan won his Oscar in 2007 for the script for The Departed and shot some scenes for that movie just a few doors down from Pellicci’s in Bethnal Green Road.
- 1 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park