Movie stars found East End cafe a refreshing location
Film fans might be able to catch a glimpse of a legendary East End caff in a star-studded movie which has just hit the big screen.
Oscar-winning screen-writer William Monahan is making his directorial debut with the movie London Boulevard and shot some scenes at the popular family-run E Pellicci in Bethnal Green.
In the scene filmed in August last year Hollywood heart throb Colin Farrell met Anna Friel for lunch at the cafe in Bethnal Green Road.
The movie is about a London criminal newly released from prison, played by Farrell, who becomes involved with an enigmatic actress played by Keira Knightley.
The celebrated cafe which has Grade II listed building status is no stranger to filming and stood in as a Liverpool diner in the hit movie Nowhere Boy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Monahan won his Oscar in 2007 for the script for The Departed and shot some scenes for that movie just a few doors down from Pellicci’s in Bethnal Green Road.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week