Movie stars found East End cafe a refreshing location
Film fans might be able to catch a glimpse of a legendary East End caff in a star-studded movie which has just hit the big screen.
Oscar-winning screen-writer William Monahan is making his directorial debut with the movie London Boulevard and shot some scenes at the popular family-run E Pellicci in Bethnal Green.
In the scene filmed in August last year Hollywood heart throb Colin Farrell met Anna Friel for lunch at the cafe in Bethnal Green Road.
The movie is about a London criminal newly released from prison, played by Farrell, who becomes involved with an enigmatic actress played by Keira Knightley.
The celebrated cafe which has Grade II listed building status is no stranger to filming and stood in as a Liverpool diner in the hit movie Nowhere Boy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Monahan won his Oscar in 2007 for the script for The Departed and shot some scenes for that movie just a few doors down from Pellicci’s in Bethnal Green Road.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears