Movie tells tales of Rebuilding Hope in Sudan at UK premiere in Mile End
A FILM about rebuilding shattered lives torn apart by civil war in Africa gets its UK premiere in Mile End The documentary Rebuilding Hope follows a group of lost boys who fled their villages in south Sudan as children in 2001 on their journey home
A FILM about rebuilding shattered lives torn apart by civil war in Africa gets its UK premiere in Mile End
The documentary Rebuilding Hope follows a group of 'lost boys' who fled their villages in south Sudan as children in 2001 on their journey home to see how their communities have fared.
Now in their 20s the group see the impact of civil war and the work going on to rebuild the community.
The award-winning film will be screened at the Hitchcock cinema in the Arts building at the Queen Mary College campus on Mile End Road at 6pm tonight.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a discussion after the screening with the director Jen Marlowe, co-producer Lehni Lamide-Davies and music director Dave Randall.
Further details are available at www.rebuildinghopesudan.org
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'