MP for Bethnal Green and Bow supports Paralympic legacy consultation
A consultation of young disabled people as part of delivering the Paralympic legacy is being supported by Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow.
Children’s disability charity Whizz-Kidz is behind the initiative, titled Generation Inspired?, to establish what young disabled people want following the Games.
Whizz-Kidz ambassador Chris Tickle, 22, said: “The Paralympics showed the potential for changing attitudes to disability across the whole of society. Now we need everyone to play their part in improving accessibility and changing attitudes so young disabled people like me can fulfil their potential.”
Ms Ali, who met Chris at the Labour Party Conference in Manchester, said: “It was fantastic to meet Whizz-Kidz and hear about their valuable work providing mobility equipment and opportunities for young disabled people. In partnership with the Tower Hamlets Wheelchair Service they provide excellent support to young disabled people across Bethnal Green and Bow.”
“I am delighted to back the Generation Inspired initiative and encourage people in Bethnal Green and Bow to take part in the consultation to make sure their views are heard.”
You may also want to watch:
Whizz-Kidz supports young people to access mobility equipment and delivers wheelchair skills-training, work placements, and other life-skills to help their transition from childhood to adulthood.
For more information visit www.whizz-kidz.org.uk
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences