MP Jim better late than never on parking fiasco
Dear Ed, MP JIM Fitzpatrick’s better late than never’ intervention into the parking fiasco in Tower Hamlets begs the question: Just who do we take notice of when it comes to the East End’s parking?
MP JIM Fitzpatrick's 'better late than never' intervention into the parking fiasco in Tower Hamlets begs the question: Just who do we take notice of when it comes to the East End's parking?
Do we listen to the discredited Labour administration in the Town Hall? Or, do we take note of the Member of Parliament at the moment seems to be more concerned with the affairs of the countryside (as Farming Minister) than pressing issues here in the East End?
Fitzpatrick makes reference (Advertiser Website, August 5) to problems of permits being revoked, clamping and cars being towed away.
But does he know that the already-existing problems are being made worse by Tower Hamlets council's new 'car club' scheme to rent parking spaces out at knock-down prices?
You may also want to watch:
This deprives car-owners of parking spaces that they have been using for years which are being passed over for exclusive use only of those who have joined the scheme.
Yet again, Labour is making life more difficult for car-owners.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 5 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
For many, the car is a lifeline. The Isle of Dogs is particularly affected by lack of parking due to over development. The incompetence in the Town Hall seems blazingly obvious.
I wish Fitzpatrick luck with his questionnaire on parking. But it seems a little late for questions when action is what's required.
Maybe we are to conclude that Labour is just after a few 'sound bites' in the run-up to a General election. Jim Fitzpatrick is too busy in his wellies.
Caledonian Wharf, Cubitt Town, Isle of Dogs