MP Jim Fitzpatrick visits Poplar employment centre
An employability training centre has been praised by an MP for its role helping jobseekers.
Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick visited the Exchange Group Centre, amid increased demand from residents – with 30 new learners enrolling every month.
Based in the Idea Store, Chrisp Street, Poplar, it helps people find work and achieve qualifications.
Mr Fitzpatrick said: “The positive atmosphere and conscientious approach to learning in the centre was refreshing.
“Centres like this are doing great work to successfully get people into employment.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre faces an uncertain future after a fight to secure funding this year. But during Thursday’s visit, Mr Fitzpatrick said he hoped the government would protect funding for such organisations.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel