MP Jim opens new Friday surgery to meet the people
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election. He is bringing in the new sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election.
The Poplar & Canning Town MP, Labour’s current farming minister, is bringing in the new weekly sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall before the boundary changes, in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town.
Fitzpatrick has personally attended Friday advice surgeries at Canning Town for the past 12 years and has only missed 10 sessions in 10 years. Casework figures show he has met 700 constituents on a one-to-one basis since September alone.
Changes in boundaries for the next General Election means the Poplar constituency loses Canning Town and moves two miles westward to take in the Limehouse polling district instead, which includes Shadwell and more of the Thames waterfront.
You may also want to watch:
The new Friday surgery times are 3-4pm at Shadwell, 5-6pm at Canning Town.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges