MP Jim opens new Friday surgery to meet the people
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election. He is bringing in the new sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election.
The Poplar & Canning Town MP, Labour’s current farming minister, is bringing in the new weekly sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall before the boundary changes, in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town.
Fitzpatrick has personally attended Friday advice surgeries at Canning Town for the past 12 years and has only missed 10 sessions in 10 years. Casework figures show he has met 700 constituents on a one-to-one basis since September alone.
Changes in boundaries for the next General Election means the Poplar constituency loses Canning Town and moves two miles westward to take in the Limehouse polling district instead, which includes Shadwell and more of the Thames waterfront.
You may also want to watch:
The new Friday surgery times are 3-4pm at Shadwell, 5-6pm at Canning Town.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns