MP Jim opens new Friday surgery to meet the people
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election. He is bringing in the new sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election.
The Poplar & Canning Town MP, Labour’s current farming minister, is bringing in the new weekly sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall before the boundary changes, in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town.
Fitzpatrick has personally attended Friday advice surgeries at Canning Town for the past 12 years and has only missed 10 sessions in 10 years. Casework figures show he has met 700 constituents on a one-to-one basis since September alone.
Changes in boundaries for the next General Election means the Poplar constituency loses Canning Town and moves two miles westward to take in the Limehouse polling district instead, which includes Shadwell and more of the Thames waterfront.
You may also want to watch:
The new Friday surgery times are 3-4pm at Shadwell, 5-6pm at Canning Town.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man