MP Jim opens new Friday surgery to meet the people
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election. He is bringing in the new sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town
A NEW Friday surgery is being opened by Government minister Jim Fitzpatrick as his East London constituency prepares to shift west’ at the next General Election.
The Poplar & Canning Town MP, Labour’s current farming minister, is bringing in the new weekly sessions at Shadwell’s Trussler Hall before the boundary changes, in addition to his Friday surgeries at Canning Town.
Fitzpatrick has personally attended Friday advice surgeries at Canning Town for the past 12 years and has only missed 10 sessions in 10 years. Casework figures show he has met 700 constituents on a one-to-one basis since September alone.
Changes in boundaries for the next General Election means the Poplar constituency loses Canning Town and moves two miles westward to take in the Limehouse polling district instead, which includes Shadwell and more of the Thames waterfront.
You may also want to watch:
The new Friday surgery times are 3-4pm at Shadwell, 5-6pm at Canning Town.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs