MP praises Whitechapel campus overseas students’ contribution to UK economy
- Credit: Hult Business Sch
MP Rushanara Ali has praised students from abroad making Britain their destination for higher education during her visit to Hult international business school’s east London undergraduate campus.
The Bethnal Green and Bow MP spoke to undergraduates at Hult House East in Commercial Road and also met the dean and college president.
“The students are an asset to the UK,” Rushanara said. “They spend money while studying and continue contributing to our economy when they return home, either through international business or by returning as visitors.”
She discussed with Dean Ronan Gruenbaum how the business school can continue contributing to Britain’s “world-class higher education sector” and to east London’s economy.
The campus opened in 2014 offers a degree in business administration. It is one of seven Hult centres around the world including Boston, New York, San Francisco Dubai and Shanghai.
You may also want to watch:
Students come from 150 countries and are encouraged to rotate their campuses to experience a different business culture in each location and learn problem solving beyond cultural or national differences, which the college says is “how the real world works today”.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze