MP steps in to stop sex, drugs and Rock’n’Roll
GOVERNMENT Minister Jim Fitzpatrick is stepping into get a block of flats bulldozed which is occupied by squatters giving the neighbours a hard time. He has been told of sex on the roof and urinating off the roof... in addition to drugs, all-night parties and binging at dawn
GOVERNMENT Minister Jim Fitzpatrick is stepping in to get a block of flats bulldozed which is being occupied by “anti social” squatters giving the neighbours a hard time.
He has been told of sex on the roof and urinating off the roof.
That’s in addition to drugs, all-night parties, alcohol binging at dawn and loud music.
So Jim, Minister for Food and Farming, is calling for the block in his Poplar constituency in London’s East End to be pulled down as soon as the squatters are booted out.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s no point evicting squatters if the building is just reoccupied with more undesirables,” he told the East London Advertiser today.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
“The courts should be serving papers on the squatters.
“But what happens to the block when it’s finally empty?”
He has been pressing Tower Hamlets Council to start the ball rolling since March when families contacted him about having “squatters from hell” in the 96 derelict flats next door.
Easter weekend was a particular nightmare, with continuous loud music and drumming from the building and yob behaviour in the park opposite—not to mention the rooftop sex.
He is calling for the local authority to send the bulldozers in as soon as they can.
Tower Hamlets Homes, which owns the derelict 1950s concrete building, is preparing eviction notices and is in talks with neighbourhood police about turfing them out.