Mum and children escape as car overturns
A MUM and her two young children escaped serious injury when their car overturned on the busy A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London last night. Passers-by helped the mother and her daughters out of the overturned car as it turned in Bromley-by-Bow
A MUM and her two young children escaped serious injury when their car overturned on the busy A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London last night.
Passers-by helped the mother and her daughters out of the overturned car on a slip-road into Twelve Trees Crescent in Bromley-by-Bow at 7.30pm (Sunday).
All three got out before fire rescue teams from Poplar and Bow arrived on the scene.
The accident happened soon after the mother drove passed the Bow Bridge junction with the A11. No other vehicle was involved.
You may also want to watch:
They were treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel with minor cuts and bruises. None was thought to be seriously injured.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs