Mum charged with East End murder of 11-month-old baby
A YOUING mum has appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of her 11-month-old baby in East London. Saleha Khatun, a 23-year-old from Bangladesh living in Whitechapel, denied the charge when she appeared in the dock
A YOUNG mum has appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of her 11-month-old baby in East London.
Little Mohammed Yassen Uddin was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in the early hours of June 10 last year, but had to be transferred to Great Ormond Street where he was pronounced dead. A post mortem revealed he had suffered brain injuries.
Saleha Khatun (pictured today), a 23-year-old from Bangladesh living in Hunton Street, Whitechapel, denied a single charge of murder when she appeared in the dock.
You may also want to watch:
She spoke only to confirm her name and sat alongside her husband in the well of the court for the short hearing. The judge remanded her on conditional bail to stand trial on January 4.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney