Mum charged with East End murder of 11-month-old baby
A YOUING mum has appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of her 11-month-old baby in East London. Saleha Khatun, a 23-year-old from Bangladesh living in Whitechapel, denied the charge when she appeared in the dock
A YOUNG mum has appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of her 11-month-old baby in East London.
Little Mohammed Yassen Uddin was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in the early hours of June 10 last year, but had to be transferred to Great Ormond Street where he was pronounced dead. A post mortem revealed he had suffered brain injuries.
Saleha Khatun (pictured today), a 23-year-old from Bangladesh living in Hunton Street, Whitechapel, denied a single charge of murder when she appeared in the dock.
You may also want to watch:
She spoke only to confirm her name and sat alongside her husband in the well of the court for the short hearing. The judge remanded her on conditional bail to stand trial on January 4.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 9 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 10 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry