Mum charged with East End murder of 11-month-old baby
A YOUING mum has appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of her 11-month-old baby in East London. Saleha Khatun, a 23-year-old from Bangladesh living in Whitechapel, denied the charge when she appeared in the dock
A YOUNG mum has appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of her 11-month-old baby in East London.
Little Mohammed Yassen Uddin was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in the early hours of June 10 last year, but had to be transferred to Great Ormond Street where he was pronounced dead. A post mortem revealed he had suffered brain injuries.
Saleha Khatun (pictured today), a 23-year-old from Bangladesh living in Hunton Street, Whitechapel, denied a single charge of murder when she appeared in the dock.
You may also want to watch:
She spoke only to confirm her name and sat alongside her husband in the well of the court for the short hearing. The judge remanded her on conditional bail to stand trial on January 4.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe