Mum’s heartache over missing son Joshua Jordan, 14, after 4 weeks
A distraught mum is waiting for news of her teenage son who’s been missing for a month.
Schoolboy Joshua Jordan—a keen footballer who had a trial with West Ham Juniors until a knee injury last year—was last seen on December 7 in Bow before vanishing.
The 14-year-old never returned home for Christmas or the New Year after visiting a friend.
“I’m sitting by the phone anxious to know if my son is safe,” mother-of-three Lorna Jones told the Advertiser today (Weds).
“I thought he’s be back for Christmas—he always looked forward to it. It’s totally out of character.
“Christmas was horrible with my son missing. I went to bed early New Year’s Eve because it just didn’t feel right to celebrate with your child missing. A mother’s love is a strong bond.”
Joshua was brought up in Canning Town where he lived until the family moved to Gray’s, near Tilbury, where his mum works as a bus driver.
- 1 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Man, woman and child escape 'large' e-bike fire in Wapping flat by climbing out window
- 3 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 4 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 5 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 8 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 9 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 10 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
He was being looked after by social services because he kept running away from home to see his old school friends.
“Sometimes I blame myself because I contacted social services,” added Lorna. “But I wanted him to go to school and get his education.
“Maybe he thinks I don’t love him or want him—that’s not true. I miss my son—so do his two younger brothers.
“We just want him back—or at least know he’s safe.”
Joshua is 5ft 9ins tall, has curly Afro-style hair, which may have been shaved recently. He is slim built and has brown eyes, wearing black jogging trousers and hooded top when last seen.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact the Missing Persons unit at Limehouse police station, on 020-7275 4589, or dial 101.