Murder hunt in Bethnal Green after man, 26, dies from stab wounds
- Credit: Archant
Detectives began a murder investigation today after a man died in hospital from stab wounds in London’s East End.
The 26-year-old man died in hospital yesterday after being stabbed on Saturday on a housing estate in Bethnal Green’s Nelson Gardens, a cul-de-sac behind Old Bethnal Green Road. Police were called at 4.35pm to an address in Nelson Gardens.
The man was taken by ambulance to the Royal London in Whitechapel, but died nearly 24 hours later.
A post-mortem at Poplar Mortuary last night gave cause of death as stab wounds.
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide & Major Crime Command believed they know the identity of the man and next of kin have been informed, but are waiting for formal identification before releasing his name.
You may also want to watch:
No arrest has been made, but police are appealing for anyone with information that could help the investigation to call 101, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip