Murder hunt in Spitalfields after body found day after attack
A murder hunt has been started in London’s East End after a man was found dead in his home—the morning after being attacked in the street.
Mohammed Nurr staggered to his flat in Spitalfields after an incident in Hanbury Street, off Brick Lane, late last Friday evening.
He was found the following day at Arthur Deakin House in nearby Woodseer Street.
Police officers and an ambulance crew found his body—he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Nurr, a 35-years-old Somali national, died from internal bleeding and liver lacerations, according to a post mortem at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday. His next of kin have been told.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe that he was involved in a disturbance on December 22 in Hanbury Street, Scotland Yard confirmed today (Wednesday).
A murder incident room has been set up by the East London Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen what happened in Hanbury Street last Friday evening, outside Vollasky House on the corner of Daplyn Street, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 4164, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.