Murder hunt in Spitalfields after body found day after attack
A murder hunt has been started in London’s East End after a man was found dead in his home—the morning after being attacked in the street.
Mohammed Nurr staggered to his flat in Spitalfields after an incident in Hanbury Street, off Brick Lane, late last Friday evening.
He was found the following day at Arthur Deakin House in nearby Woodseer Street.
Police officers and an ambulance crew found his body—he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Nurr, a 35-years-old Somali national, died from internal bleeding and liver lacerations, according to a post mortem at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday. His next of kin have been told.
Detectives believe that he was involved in a disturbance on December 22 in Hanbury Street, Scotland Yard confirmed today (Wednesday).
A murder incident room has been set up by the East London Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 6 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen what happened in Hanbury Street last Friday evening, outside Vollasky House on the corner of Daplyn Street, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 4164, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.