Murder hunt in Spitalfields after body found day after attack
A murder hunt has been started in London’s East End after a man was found dead in his home—the morning after being attacked in the street.
Mohammed Nurr staggered to his flat in Spitalfields after an incident in Hanbury Street, off Brick Lane, late last Friday evening.
He was found the following day at Arthur Deakin House in nearby Woodseer Street.
Police officers and an ambulance crew found his body—he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Nurr, a 35-years-old Somali national, died from internal bleeding and liver lacerations, according to a post mortem at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday. His next of kin have been told.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe that he was involved in a disturbance on December 22 in Hanbury Street, Scotland Yard confirmed today (Wednesday).
A murder incident room has been set up by the East London Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen what happened in Hanbury Street last Friday evening, outside Vollasky House on the corner of Daplyn Street, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 4164, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.