Murder hunt in Spitalfields after body found day after attack
A murder hunt has been started in London’s East End after a man was found dead in his home—the morning after being attacked in the street.
Mohammed Nurr staggered to his flat in Spitalfields after an incident in Hanbury Street, off Brick Lane, late last Friday evening.
He was found the following day at Arthur Deakin House in nearby Woodseer Street.
Police officers and an ambulance crew found his body—he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Nurr, a 35-years-old Somali national, died from internal bleeding and liver lacerations, according to a post mortem at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday. His next of kin have been told.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe that he was involved in a disturbance on December 22 in Hanbury Street, Scotland Yard confirmed today (Wednesday).
A murder incident room has been set up by the East London Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 8 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 9 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen what happened in Hanbury Street last Friday evening, outside Vollasky House on the corner of Daplyn Street, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 4164, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.