Murder investigation launched after 73-year-old woman killed
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a 73-year-old woman in Bethnal Green.
Police discovered the pensioner’s body at an address in Virginia Road just after 6am on Wednesday morning after they were called by London Ambulance Service.
The woman, Eileen Jones, has yet to be formally identified but her family has been informed.
A post mortem on the body was carried out yesterday at Poplar Mortuary and police are awaiting the result.
Two men, one aged 59 and the other 45 were arrested close to the scene shortly after the body was found.
You may also want to watch:
A 46-year-old woman was also later arrested in connection with the death.
They are in custody at separate east London police stations.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector John Sandlin from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call 020 8345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.