Murder investigation launched after 73-year-old woman killed
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a 73-year-old woman in Bethnal Green.
Police discovered the pensioner’s body at an address in Virginia Road just after 6am on Wednesday morning after they were called by London Ambulance Service.
The woman, Eileen Jones, has yet to be formally identified but her family has been informed.
A post mortem on the body was carried out yesterday at Poplar Mortuary and police are awaiting the result.
Two men, one aged 59 and the other 45 were arrested close to the scene shortly after the body was found.
You may also want to watch:
A 46-year-old woman was also later arrested in connection with the death.
They are in custody at separate east London police stations.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector John Sandlin from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call 020 8345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.