Murder investigation launched after 73-year-old woman killed
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a 73-year-old woman in Bethnal Green.
Police discovered the pensioner’s body at an address in Virginia Road just after 6am on Wednesday morning after they were called by London Ambulance Service.
The woman, Eileen Jones, has yet to be formally identified but her family has been informed.
A post mortem on the body was carried out yesterday at Poplar Mortuary and police are awaiting the result.
Two men, one aged 59 and the other 45 were arrested close to the scene shortly after the body was found.
You may also want to watch:
A 46-year-old woman was also later arrested in connection with the death.
They are in custody at separate east London police stations.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 10 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector John Sandlin from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call 020 8345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.