Murder probe after man found dead on Cranston Estate in Hoxton
- Credit: Google
Detectives have begun a murder investigation following the body of a man discovered in Shoreditch yesterday.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 12.40pm to a block of flats on the Cranston Estate off Pitfied Street in Hoxton.
The man believed to be in his 20s was declared dead by Ambulance paramedics at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination is to be held.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder, Scotland Yard confirmed this-morning. He is being held in custody for questioning at a police station in east London while investigations by the Met’s Major Crime Command continue.
You may also want to watch:
Police, meanwhile, are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020-8721 4054, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-5551111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning