Murder probe after man found dead on Cranston Estate in Hoxton
- Credit: Google
Detectives have begun a murder investigation following the body of a man discovered in Shoreditch yesterday.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 12.40pm to a block of flats on the Cranston Estate off Pitfied Street in Hoxton.
The man believed to be in his 20s was declared dead by Ambulance paramedics at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination is to be held.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder, Scotland Yard confirmed this-morning. He is being held in custody for questioning at a police station in east London while investigations by the Met’s Major Crime Command continue.
You may also want to watch:
Police, meanwhile, are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020-8721 4054, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-5551111.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson