Murder probe after man is found stabbed
A MURDER investigation is underway after a man was stabbed in East London this morning. Police were called to Evelyn Court in Hackney at 9.30am. Ambulance paramedics tried to revive a 20-year-old man—but he died half-an-hour later
A MURDER investigation is underway after a man was stabbed in East London this morning (Monday).
Police were called to Hackney's Evelyn Court in Amhurst Road at 9.30am after the stabbing.
Ambulance paramedics tried to revive a 20-year-old man-but he died half-an-hour later.
Police believe they know his identity and were informing his next of kin before releasing his name.
A 26-year-old man was also taken to hospital and treated for a head injury.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 9 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
He was later arrested is now in custody at an East London police station being quizzed, Scotland Yard confirmed this-evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Amherst Road at about 9.30am or anyone with information
To call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111