Murder probe after man is found stabbed
A MURDER investigation is underway after a man was stabbed in East London this morning. Police were called to Evelyn Court in Hackney at 9.30am. Ambulance paramedics tried to revive a 20-year-old man—but he died half-an-hour later
A MURDER investigation is underway after a man was stabbed in East London this morning (Monday).
Police were called to Hackney's Evelyn Court in Amhurst Road at 9.30am after the stabbing.
Ambulance paramedics tried to revive a 20-year-old man-but he died half-an-hour later.
Police believe they know his identity and were informing his next of kin before releasing his name.
A 26-year-old man was also taken to hospital and treated for a head injury.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 9 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
He was later arrested is now in custody at an East London police station being quizzed, Scotland Yard confirmed this-evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Amherst Road at about 9.30am or anyone with information
To call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111