Murder probe after man is found stabbed
A MURDER investigation is underway after a man was stabbed in East London this morning. Police were called to Evelyn Court in Hackney at 9.30am. Ambulance paramedics tried to revive a 20-year-old man—but he died half-an-hour later
A MURDER investigation is underway after a man was stabbed in East London this morning (Monday).
Police were called to Hackney's Evelyn Court in Amhurst Road at 9.30am after the stabbing.
Ambulance paramedics tried to revive a 20-year-old man-but he died half-an-hour later.
Police believe they know his identity and were informing his next of kin before releasing his name.
You may also want to watch:
A 26-year-old man was also taken to hospital and treated for a head injury.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 7 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
He was later arrested is now in custody at an East London police station being quizzed, Scotland Yard confirmed this-evening.
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Amherst Road at about 9.30am or anyone with information
To call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111