Murder probe after man is shot in East London block of flats
POLICE are treating the death of a man in East London from gunshot wounds today as murder. The man in his 20s died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel early this-morning after a shooting at a block of flats in Forest Gate
POLICE in East London are treating the death today of a man from gunshot wounds as murder.
The man in his 20s died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel early this-morning after a shooting at a block of flats in Forest Gate.
Officers were called to Whyteville House in Upton Lane, Forest Gate, where they found him on the first floor landing with a gunshot wound to the stomach, Scotland Yard confirmed tonight. He was taken to the Royal London where he died at 3.44am.
A post mortem examination is being held at Poplar Mortuary tomorrow (Thurs) at mid-day.
Detectives believe a fight took place on a former garage forecourt and continued into Whyteville House where the shot was fired.
They are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact them on 020-8721 4906, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Det Ins Mark Dunne said: “We want to hear from anyone who left Whyteville House immediately after the incident and walked down Studley Road towards Green Lane.”
Police believe they know the identity of the dead man, but next of kin are still being traced.
Five men in their 20s were arrested in the area and are being held in tonight at various East London police stations.