Murder probe as cops find stabbed woman after road smash
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a woman was found stabbed to death in a house in London’s East End. Police found the body of the 26-year-old woman in a house in Arrow Road in Bromley-by-Bow during an investigation into a car accident in Whitechapel
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a woman was found stabbed to death in a house in London’s East End.
Police found the body of the 26-year-old in a house in Arrow Road in Bromley-by-Bow during an investigation into a car accident in Whitechapel.
The discovery was made by officers looking into the crash of a white Nissan Micra which flipped onto its side in the busy Whitechapel Road, at the traffic lights with Cambridge Heath Road, at 2pm on Friday (pictured).
The 25-year-old driver was taken to hospital with cuts to his face, neck and hands and was detained in a serious, but stable, condition.
Officers investigating the smash went to the house in Arrow Street and discovered the body of the woman with multiple stab wounds.
- 1 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 4 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 5 London among areas where drought is declared
- 6 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 9 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 10 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
A post-mortem examination was taking place today at Poplar Mortuary.
One neighbour in Arrow Street told the East London Advertiser: “I got home to find the whole street swarming with police.
“It’s really shocking. We’re just trying to carry on and get on with things now, but it’s difficult when something like this happens next door.”
The driver was later due to be quizzed about the stabbing, Scotland Yard confirmed.
A Met Police statement said: “The 25-year-old Nissan driver has been arrested in connection with the inquiry. He will be interviewed when his condition allows.”
An incident room has opened at the Homicide & Serious Crime unit in Barking. Police are urging witnesses or anyone with information to contact Det Chief Ins Caroline Goode on 020-8345 3715.