Murder probe as cops find stabbed woman after road smash
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a woman was found stabbed to death in a house in London’s East End. Police found the body of the 26-year-old woman in a house in Arrow Road in Bromley-by-Bow during an investigation into a car accident in Whitechapel
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a woman was found stabbed to death in a house in London’s East End.
Police found the body of the 26-year-old in a house in Arrow Road in Bromley-by-Bow during an investigation into a car accident in Whitechapel.
The discovery was made by officers looking into the crash of a white Nissan Micra which flipped onto its side in the busy Whitechapel Road, at the traffic lights with Cambridge Heath Road, at 2pm on Friday (pictured).
The 25-year-old driver was taken to hospital with cuts to his face, neck and hands and was detained in a serious, but stable, condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers investigating the smash went to the house in Arrow Street and discovered the body of the woman with multiple stab wounds.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 6 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 7 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 10 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
A post-mortem examination was taking place today at Poplar Mortuary.
One neighbour in Arrow Street told the East London Advertiser: “I got home to find the whole street swarming with police.
“It’s really shocking. We’re just trying to carry on and get on with things now, but it’s difficult when something like this happens next door.”
The driver was later due to be quizzed about the stabbing, Scotland Yard confirmed.
A Met Police statement said: “The 25-year-old Nissan driver has been arrested in connection with the inquiry. He will be interviewed when his condition allows.”
An incident room has opened at the Homicide & Serious Crime unit in Barking. Police are urging witnesses or anyone with information to contact Det Chief Ins Caroline Goode on 020-8345 3715.