Murdoch’s media redevelopment plan gets go-ahead
THE council has approved plans to redevelop News International s headquarter at Wapping Councillors on Tower Hamlets strategic development committee unanimously approved the project on Tuesday. Rupert Murdoch s company, with newspapers such as the Time
COUNCILLORS have approved plans to redevelop News International's headquarter at Wapping
Councillors on Tower Hamlets council's strategic development committee unanimously approved the project on yesterday (Tues).
Rupert Murdoch's company, with newspapers such as The Times and the Sun under its belt, plan a campus-style scheme with 924,000 sq ft of offices, plus shops and a museum.
The printworks and adjoining grade II-listed Rum Warehouse, on the 10.6 acre site dubbed 'Fortress Wapping' in the late 1980s, will also be remodeled.
You may also want to watch:
The council deferred the scheme for alteration in June after English Heritage objected to the demolition of part of the grade II listed building.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene