Murdoch’s media redevelopment plan gets go-ahead
THE council has approved plans to redevelop News International s headquarter at Wapping Councillors on Tower Hamlets strategic development committee unanimously approved the project on Tuesday. Rupert Murdoch s company, with newspapers such as the Time
COUNCILLORS have approved plans to redevelop News International's headquarter at Wapping
Councillors on Tower Hamlets council's strategic development committee unanimously approved the project on yesterday (Tues).
Rupert Murdoch's company, with newspapers such as The Times and the Sun under its belt, plan a campus-style scheme with 924,000 sq ft of offices, plus shops and a museum.
The printworks and adjoining grade II-listed Rum Warehouse, on the 10.6 acre site dubbed 'Fortress Wapping' in the late 1980s, will also be remodeled.
You may also want to watch:
The council deferred the scheme for alteration in June after English Heritage objected to the demolition of part of the grade II listed building.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man