Murdoch’s media redevelopment plan gets go-ahead
THE council has approved plans to redevelop News International s headquarter at Wapping Councillors on Tower Hamlets strategic development committee unanimously approved the project on Tuesday. Rupert Murdoch s company, with newspapers such as the Time
COUNCILLORS have approved plans to redevelop News International's headquarter at Wapping
Councillors on Tower Hamlets council's strategic development committee unanimously approved the project on yesterday (Tues).
Rupert Murdoch's company, with newspapers such as The Times and the Sun under its belt, plan a campus-style scheme with 924,000 sq ft of offices, plus shops and a museum.
The printworks and adjoining grade II-listed Rum Warehouse, on the 10.6 acre site dubbed 'Fortress Wapping' in the late 1980s, will also be remodeled.
You may also want to watch:
The council deferred the scheme for alteration in June after English Heritage objected to the demolition of part of the grade II listed building.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 5 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin