Museum of Childhood wins prize for top quality education for children
THE V & A MUSEUM of Childhood has been awarded a prize for the quality of education it offers its young visitors. The museum in Bethnal Green is one of the museums and castles which have won the Sandford Prize which celebrates the quality of education
THE V & A MUSEUM of Childhood has been awarded a prize for the quality of education it offers its young visitors.
The museum in Bethnal Green is one of the museums and castles which have won the Sandford Prize which celebrates the quality of education at historic sites.
Judges visited the museum in Cambridge Heath Road in June and followed a school visit from the moment the children arrived to see how warmly they were welcomed and attended classes with them in the education centre.
Lead judge Adam Clarke said: "The museum is a credit to the schools and communities it serves. Through its learning opportunities, the museum provides children with a historical understanding of childhood and family life in East London and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
"The museum enables children to explore a fantastic collection of toys and related artefacts in a way that is accessible to them. The V&A Museum of Childhood's skilled and dedicated staff should be proud of the valuable service it provides to young learners.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking