Musician launching free Olympic film project for youngsters
A musician and film score composer who has worked with pop stars such as Rihanna, Jamelia and Leona Lewis will help launch a free youth film project in the East End. Jake Walker has also worked with award winning film composers such as Hans Zimmer and Ja
A musician and film score composer who has worked with pop stars such as Rihanna, Jamelia and Leona Lewis will help launch a free youth film project in the East End.
Jake Walker has also worked with award winning film composers such as Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard (Batman Begins), and Danny Elfman (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
Jake will be joined by industry experts for the launch of the VAULT project at the Brady Arts Centre on Hanbury Street in Whitechapel on September 27.
The project will provide training in digital filmmaking for young people aged 14 to 19, living in one of the five London Olympics host boroughs, enabling successful applicants to create documentaries on the Games.
Visit www.thevaultproject.com or contact Alison Poltock or Stephen Block on 020 7364 7917 for more information.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 7 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets