New �10m fund set up to help London firms bust recession
A NEW service is being unveiled by Boris Johnson tonight to give financial advice to London’s 4,500 small businesses to help them bust the recession. The �10m scheme is being announced at this-evening’s Mayor’s Question Time in Blackfriars
A NEW service is being unveiled by Boris Johnson tonight to give financial advice to London's 4,500 small and medium businesses to help them bust the recession.
The �10m scheme is being announced at this-evening's Mayor's Question Time for businesses being held in the City.
The London Development Agency has invested �5m in the new programme with match funding from the European Regional Development fund.
Businesses that receive funding get specialist guidance in understanding their finance needs to develop the skills to raise their own equity. The programme is aimed at speeding up growth with the aim of creating more jobs.
You may also want to watch:
The Federation of Small Businesses welcomed the new service "as it will be small businesses which will create the jobs as we come out of recession."
Raising cash has been a 'major challenge' for small businesses. Now the federation is hoping the banks will follow "the same level of confidence" the Mayor has shown in making finance available.
The Mayor's Question Time at Puddle Dock, in Blackfriars, chaired by Sky TV business correspondent Dharshini David, begins 7pm when Boris is joined on the panel by Bright Ideas Trust founder Tim Campbell, a winner in the BBC's Apprentice first series, London Chamber of Commerce chief Colin Stanbridge, Federation of Small Businesses boss Sue Terpilowski and the Mayor's policy director Anthony Browne.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs