New arrival at Spitalfields City Farm - but she needs a name
KAREN the sheep gave birth to a little lamb last week and staff at Spitalfields City Farm need your help to name her. Easter visitors will have the chance to name the Buxton Street farm s newest arrival as part of this weekend s celebrations. Helen Gallan
KAREN the sheep gave birth to a little lamb last week and staff at Spitalfields City Farm need your help to name her.
Easter visitors will have the chance to name the Buxton Street farm's newest arrival as part of this weekend's celebrations.
Helen Galland, animal manager at the farm, said: "Karen is a little bit in awe - this is the first lamb she's had.
"We're all delighted. This is a rare breed and it's great to see her up and doing so well."
The new lamb is a Castlemilk Moorits - a rare breed that is on the 'vulnerable' list.
Visitors can see mother and baby as normal over the Easter weekend as the farm is open from 10am to 4.30pm on Good Friday and Easter Saturday.
- 1 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 2 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 5 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 6 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
As well as looking at the animals youngsters will have the chance to take part in a Grand Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday from 11am to 3pm.