New chief executive for Gateway Housing Association in Mile End
- Credit: Archant
A housing group in Mile End has announced the appointment of a new chief executive.
Kate Dodsworth will take up her new role in Gateway Housing Association in spring next year.
Kate started her career in homelessness and mental health 25 years ago after completing a master’s degree in housing.
She has previously worked for as an assistant director at the National Housing Federation where she led on policy and lobbying for affordable housing for London and the South East.
Kat was also an executive director of people and strategy at housing group AmicusHorizon and continued in that role for Optivo following a merger in May 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Kate said: “I’m honoured and excited to be appointed as chief executive of Gateway Housing Association. Its ethos of supporting local communities to thrive is well known and I look forward to working with the board, executive team, staff and residents to take the organisation to the next stage after an impressive 90 year history.”
Kate is currently the chair of the Chartered Institute of Housing London Board and an external examiner for Westminster University.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park