New cycle hire docking station in Victoria Park
- Credit: TfL
A new Santander Cycles docking station has opened in Victoria Park.
Situated at the Bonner Gate entrance, it has space for 21 bikes and aims to encourage more people to explore the park and surrounding area on two wheels.
It brings the number of docking stations in Tower Hamlets up to 119.
David Eddington, head of cycle hire at TfL, said: "We know that many people use our bikes to cycle around parks and that there is demand for more bikes at these locations.
"Victoria Park is a perfect example of this and we're pleased to be able to boost the amount of bikes available to hire and dock around the park.
You may also want to watch:
"We look forward to seeing even more people getting active and exploring this beautiful park on Santander Cycles."
The cycle hire scheme was launched in 2010 and last year, saw cyclists make a record 10.5 million journeys.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage