New film explains Tower Hamlets planning process
A NEW short, animated film is making it easier for residents to understand how they can have their say on planning applications and become involved in consultations. Neighbours are regularly asked to comment on a wide range of planning proposals – from sm
A NEW short, animated film is making it easier for residents to understand how they can have their say on planning applications and become involved in consultations.
Neighbours are regularly asked to comment on a wide range of planning proposals - from small renovations in their street to large scale community masterplans.
But Tower Hamlets council has realised that some people can be confused by the planning process and has produced a three minute film to help people understand what happens and how they can have their say.
The council's planning leader Cllr Marc Francis, said: "We know that many people often want to have a say on these proposals, but aren't quite sure how to go about it or where they can find information on the planning applications.
You may also want to watch:
"That's why we've produced this short film which simply explains the process planning applications go through and how people can play a part in shaping the decisions the council must make."
Using two animated characters, the film walks viewers through the planning process from start to finish. It begins with the two characters seeing an invitation to attend a consultation event, and follows them as they attend the sessions and provide input along the way until the final development is complete.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
The film is available in English and Bengali, or with subtitles. It can be viewed at www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/planning_consultation