New heart attack survival service launched
PATIENTS at risk of having a heart attack are being treated within 24 hours though a unique new service in East London. The Heart Attack centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment
By Gemma Collins
PATIENTS in the East End who are at risk of having a heart attack will be treated within 24 hours though a unique new service.
The Heart Attack Centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment to those who show signs of having heart problems before it develops into a full-blown attack.
The centre based at the London Chest Hospital in Bonner Road has always treated emergency patients who phone 999 while suffering from a major heart attack.
You may also want to watch:
But a new �140,000 extension at the centre has been designated as a `threatened heart attack unit' and will be for patients across London's north east who show early signs of heart problems while at their A&E.
Senior cardiologist at the London Chest Hospital, Professor Martin Rothman said:
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
"By doing this we will be saving patients now from having heart attacks in the future.