New heart attack survival service launched
PATIENTS at risk of having a heart attack are being treated within 24 hours though a unique new service in East London. The Heart Attack centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment
By Gemma Collins
PATIENTS in the East End who are at risk of having a heart attack will be treated within 24 hours though a unique new service.
The Heart Attack Centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment to those who show signs of having heart problems before it develops into a full-blown attack.
The centre based at the London Chest Hospital in Bonner Road has always treated emergency patients who phone 999 while suffering from a major heart attack.
You may also want to watch:
But a new �140,000 extension at the centre has been designated as a `threatened heart attack unit' and will be for patients across London's north east who show early signs of heart problems while at their A&E.
Senior cardiologist at the London Chest Hospital, Professor Martin Rothman said:
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
"By doing this we will be saving patients now from having heart attacks in the future.