New heart attack survival service launched
PATIENTS at risk of having a heart attack are being treated within 24 hours though a unique new service in East London. The Heart Attack centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment
By Gemma Collins
PATIENTS in the East End who are at risk of having a heart attack will be treated within 24 hours though a unique new service.
The Heart Attack Centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment to those who show signs of having heart problems before it develops into a full-blown attack.
The centre based at the London Chest Hospital in Bonner Road has always treated emergency patients who phone 999 while suffering from a major heart attack.
But a new �140,000 extension at the centre has been designated as a `threatened heart attack unit' and will be for patients across London's north east who show early signs of heart problems while at their A&E.
Senior cardiologist at the London Chest Hospital, Professor Martin Rothman said:
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 5 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 6 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 7 12 people charged following east London drugs bust
- 8 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 9 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
"By doing this we will be saving patients now from having heart attacks in the future.