New heart attack survival service launched
PATIENTS at risk of having a heart attack are being treated within 24 hours though a unique new service in East London. The Heart Attack centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment
By Gemma Collins
PATIENTS in the East End who are at risk of having a heart attack will be treated within 24 hours though a unique new service.
The Heart Attack Centre in Bethnal Green is the first of its kind to offer immediate treatment to those who show signs of having heart problems before it develops into a full-blown attack.
The centre based at the London Chest Hospital in Bonner Road has always treated emergency patients who phone 999 while suffering from a major heart attack.
You may also want to watch:
But a new �140,000 extension at the centre has been designated as a `threatened heart attack unit' and will be for patients across London's north east who show early signs of heart problems while at their A&E.
Senior cardiologist at the London Chest Hospital, Professor Martin Rothman said:
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
"By doing this we will be saving patients now from having heart attacks in the future.