New Mile End after-school club offers healthy cooking and art lessons
Tower Hamlets children can learn how to make treats from fajitas to pizzas and take art lessons at a new after-school club.
The council has launched the club at The Children’s Play Park in Locksley Street, next to Mile End Park, for all young people aged five to 11.
Healthy cooking classes, teaching the youngsters how to cook their own quiches and simple cakes and painting classes will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays until April 7.
Paul Sammut, a senior play co-ordinator, said: “The aim of the club is to keep children busy, active and healthy after school.
“It is a good way to get young people to think about healthy eating by teaching them how to make simple and nutritious foods.
You may also want to watch:
“Parents also get a chance to spend quality time with their children by being involved in the activities.”
The club will run from 3.30pm to 4.30pm and booking is required for the cooking lessons.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
For more information or to book a session call 020 7093 2253.