New Mile End after-school club offers healthy cooking and art lessons
Tower Hamlets children can learn how to make treats from fajitas to pizzas and take art lessons at a new after-school club.
The council has launched the club at The Children’s Play Park in Locksley Street, next to Mile End Park, for all young people aged five to 11.
Healthy cooking classes, teaching the youngsters how to cook their own quiches and simple cakes and painting classes will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays until April 7.
Paul Sammut, a senior play co-ordinator, said: “The aim of the club is to keep children busy, active and healthy after school.
“It is a good way to get young people to think about healthy eating by teaching them how to make simple and nutritious foods.
You may also want to watch:
“Parents also get a chance to spend quality time with their children by being involved in the activities.”
The club will run from 3.30pm to 4.30pm and booking is required for the cooking lessons.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
For more information or to book a session call 020 7093 2253.