New money-saving guide will help people get on top of their cash
If you’re still worried about your bank balance after yesterday’s Budget, a new money-saving guide launched at Tower Hamlets College could come in use.
The Learndirect centre at the college in Poplar is offering those feeling the pinch a free Worth Learning guide, full of tips on budgeting and financial products.
It has been created with TV presenter and finance expert Jasmine Birtles and the Citizens Advice Bureau and comes as Learndirect research reveals that half of Londoners believe they will be worse off by �25 a week this year.
Ms Birtles said: “Using the advice in the guide and spending time improving maths, English and IT at the college can make a real difference to people’s ability to get more for their money.”
In a survey of 3,000 members in January, Learndirect found that a third of people had difficulties working out the best gas and electricity deals and 86 per cent weren’t sure what benefits and allowances they are entitled to.
You may also want to watch:
Bill Dawkins, the centre manager at the college, added: “The guide is a start to giving people the ability to budget, shop around for the best deals and avoid getting ripped off.”
College courses can be booked by calling 020 7510 7792 and for more information visit learndirect.co.uk/money.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt