New Muslim funeral care offered to east London residents
- Credit: Archant
A new funeral service has opened to cater for the needs of the Muslim community in London.
T.Cribb & Sons, East End funeral directors since 1881, are now offering the Moulana Ezzad Ali Funeral Service.
The project which was a brainchild of Jamila Ali has been met with enthusiasm.
Mr John Harris, senior partner of T. Cribb & Sons, said: “As a company in this area for well over one hundred years, we’ve had to change as the area itself has changed. “We want to offer a high standard of service to all people from all communities.”
Baroness Oona King and the Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, opened the new offices in Canning Town Thursday, November 7.
Mayor Rahman said: “I’m delighted that this new funeral company will offer a faith-sensitive service to those who have suffered a bereavement.
“It’s a journey we must all make.”
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
Baroness King praised T. Cribb and sons for their global, forward-thinking outlook in light of the new service they will be providing.