New rail boss arrives with promise to overhaul Liverpool Street ticket office
- Credit: Abellio Greater Anglia
A new manager has arrived to run Liverpool Street main-line station, one of Britain’s busiest rail terminals, with a promise to improve ticket office facilities.
The buck stops with Alan Neville, who has been appointed by Abellio Greater Anglia operators as station manager for passenger services at the terminus which sees a footfall of 58 million commuters a year.
He arrives on a ‘return ticket’ after his previous role at Liverpool Street as customer service manager from 2007 to 2008, as well as King’s Cross station manager before that and a total of 34 years rail industry experience.
“I’m pleased to return to Liverpool Street,” he said. “I aim to build on the positive comments we get from passengers and to improve services further.”
Challenges he set himself are overhauling the ticket office and improving the staff and station scores in the company’s Service Standards programme—which secretly assesses performance by ‘mystery passengers’.
You may also want to watch:
His tasks include staff and station standards, working with Network Rail which shares management of the terminus and keeping an eye on the trains for passengers.
Abellio won the Greater Anglia rail franchise in 2012, to run commuter services through east London and Essex and Intercity trains to East Anglia and the East Coast, as well as the Stansted Express run. It employs 3,000 staff and operates 1,900 services a day, serving two million passengers every week.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse