Next 2 Jubilee Line stations get a makeover—just one left to go
WORK is about to start on modernising the next two London Underground stations as part of the �500m Jubilee Line upgrading begun seven years ago. The work on West Ham and Westminster stations leaves just one more upgrade in East London left to start
WORK is about to start on modernising the next two London Underground stations in the �500 million Jubilee Line upgrading begun seven years ago.
The work on West Ham and Westminster stations announced last night leaves just one more upgrade in East London left to start.
The last remaining station is Stratford, at the end of the line close to the 2012 Olympics site now under construction. Work is scheduled to start in a month’s time.
The Jubilee has suffered 18 months of weekend disruption while track and signalling is brought up to date, leading to a London Assembly inquiry before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
But the station upgrades have been ahead of schedule. The contractors, Tube Lines, are approaching their target of 96 upgrades on the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines by June.
The scope varies, depending on how recently stations have been refurbished and what the general conditions are. West Ham and Westminster are comparatively new, opened just 10 years ago when the Jubilee was extended to Stratford from the West End.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs