Sexual health centre reopens at Whitechapel after NHS £2m refurbishment
- Credit: Mike Brooke
A £2m refurbishment of the All East sexual health centre in Whitechapel has been completed in time for this year’s sexual health week.
The refurbishment at the Ambrose King centre, which has 40,000 patients a year, has improved access to create "a more open and welcoming" service for testing, treatment, contraception and advice.
The open plan entrance and waiting area has a digital option for self-check-in has better access for disabled patients.
"This centre has undergone a total transformation," consultant Dr Andy Williams said. "It allows us to improve sexual health services for people in the East End with a new environment using digital services."
The refurbishment by Barts Health trust aims to improve sexual health services as part of an NHS programme to increase the number of clinics across east London.
You may also want to watch:
Today's official September 18 reopening of the centre in Mount Terrace off Cannon Street Road, near the Royal London's dental hospital, includes an "open day" and Barts Health trust's annual general meeting which are open to the public.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week