No green spaces will be touched? That’s news to me
Dear Ed, NO GREEN spaces will be touched in Swan Housing’s plans for the Exmouth Estate in Stepney? But they will be landscaped? This is news for me
NO GREEN spaces will be touched in Swan Housing’s plans for the Exmouth Estate in Stepney? But they will be landscaped? This is news for me (East London Advertiser website letters, April 1).
Does that mean we will get some playing areas for the kids of the large families on this estate, or more appropriate trees for the environment?
Now Ms Ferris and Ms Ahern also got me more worried about the number of new people on the estate which is clearly going towards 500 (that’s 90 flats times six). Is that a good number? The facts, while kept very vague) are getting very worrying.
While Mr Durowoju from Swan Housing in his letter also suggests I am enjoying “one of the 250 private gardens,” my joy’ is profoundly spoiled by the “anti social behaviour” of my neighbours above.
I am afraid to sit in my own garden. If the green needs to be built on, I do not think even four-storey is a particularly good solution.
It will do nothing for security as the estate will look more grim. It will also increase anti social behaviour and the number of rodents. Thank you, Swan Housing.
Marielle de Swart
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 10 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
Exmouth Estate, Commercial Road, Stepney